1. Eminem’s the first artist to win the Grammy for Best Rap Album for three consecutive LPs.
2. Eminem is known to have done parodies of everyone else in the late ’90s and early 2000s, poking fun at Michael Jackson, Christina Aguilera and countless others. But in 2003, “Weird” Al Yankovic made a parody of ‘Lose Yourself’ titled ‘Couch Potato.’ Don’t worry, Eminem did give him permission to do it.
3. Eminem failed 9th grade 3 times before dropping out.
4. Eminem was up for a role in Training Day which ended up going to Ethan Hawke.
5. Marshall Bruce Mathers III was finally born after his 15 year old mother suffered through 73 hours of labor.
6. Eminem claims to have started rapping after hearing the Beastie Boys.
7. Eminem was offered the lead role in one of 2013’s Elysium. But reportedly turned it down, forcing director Neill Blomkamp to instead star Matt Damon.
8. He wrote ‘Lose Yourself’ while on the set of movie “8 Mile”.
9. Eminem founded a charity called The Marshall Mathers Foundation which provides assistance for underprivileged youth.
10. Eminem was 23 when he his daughter Hailie Jade was born.
11. Marshall was once bullied so bad growing up that he once ended up in the hospital with a head injury.
12. Dr. Dre knew “The Real Slim Shady” would be a hit once he heard his kids singing the hook.
13. Eminem won the Oscar for Best Original Song for 8 Miles ‘Lose Yourself.’
14. What has Eminem got in common with Tom Cruise, Oprah Winfrey, Angelina Jolie and Kurt Cobain? They are all left-handed like the legendary rapper.
15. He was a short order cook before going on to be one of the greatest rappers of all time.
Latest posts by Kunal (see all)
- Hashim Amla Breaks Virat Kohli’s Record Of Fastest 5000 ODI Runs - January 19, 2015
- Blackberry Classic : The Old School Smartphone With Latest Features - January 17, 2015
- Kiran Bedi : BJP’s Latest Face For Delhi Assembly - January 16, 2015