I don’t like gym- can I still lose weight? Is there something to do at home? Can exercise be fun? Can I still look fit and healthy? Is there something which I can enjoy doing? The answer to all your questions is DANCE. Most of the people hate exercising and gyming due to which they totally ignore their health. So dance is a best way to keep you healthy and enjoy at the same time. A number of people are taking up dance which allows them to stay healthy, active and also develop the skill of dancing.
There are a number of dance forms like ballet, salsa, hip-hop, ballroom dancing, tap dance and many other cultural and folk dances. Since ages, dance has been an important part of human culture, rituals and celebrations. Most of the dances today are about recreation, expressions and the most enjoyable way to be more physically active and stay fit.
Below is the list of health benefits of dancing
- It reduces stress level of all the daily activities and improves relaxation of mind and body at the same time.
- It improves condition of heart and lungs.
- It helps keeping bones and muscles strong.
- It improves strength and makes the body more flexible and also helps to build coordination.
- It helps to improve body posture and balance.
- It helps control body weight a major issue faced by people.
- It keeps your body active and develops sporting spirit.
- It helps to learn a new art form and opens up careers opportunities or profession.
- It helps build up confidence about yourself.
- It helps to socialize with people of similar interests.
- You can also learn about dances of other cultures.
- It helps in overall functioning of body and improves mental functioning.
Dancing can be done either alone or with a partner at any age and at any level. You can enjoy it at schools, college, social venues or party with friends or at your own home. Dancing has become such a popular and a fun way to be active and keep yourself fit that is why most fitness clubs offer dance classes as a part of their exercise program. So why exercise when you can dance your way out? So what are you waiting for, put on your favorite beats and tap your feet.
Latest posts by Daisy Pais (see all)
- Global Warming- A Devastating Problem - March 2, 2015
- The Mindblowing Truth About ‘MIND’ That Can Be A Friend Or An Enemy - March 2, 2015
- 3 Most Common Behavioural Disorders Seen In Children - March 2, 2015