1. Priyanka Vadra (née Gandhi; born 12 January 1972) is an Indian politician, daughter of late Rajiv Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi. She is the granddaughter of Feroze Gandhi and Indira Gandhi, and is a member of the wider Nehru-Gandhi family.
2. She has always said that she is not willing to join politics but still she does visit her mother Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi to advice on their political career.
3. In the Indian general election, 2004, she was her mother’s campaign manager and helped supervise her brother Rahul Gandhi’s campaign. In a press meeting during these elections she said that “politics is all about serving the people and I am already doing that. I may continue doing only that for five years more.
4. She is married to Robert Vadra, a businessman from Delhi. The wedding took place at the Gandhi home, 10 Janpath, on 18 February 1997 in a traditional Hindu ceremony. They have two children, Raihan and Miraya.
5. Priyanka Gandhi Vadra studied in Modern School, Convent of Jesus and Mary, and is a graduate in Psychology from the University of Delhi.
Because of unstable political conditions prevailing in Indian politics, her education was quite disturbed resulting in her changing schools frequently
6. Priyanka Gandhi once told the media that she resembled her grand mother. One need not have seen Indira Gandhi, former Prime Minister of India in person to understand the striking resemblance between the two. Priyanka has the same sharp nose of her grand mother. She even possesses some of her sarees. Priyanka is often seen draped in a crisp beautiful cotton sareeHer poise and elegance also reminds people of the former Prime Minister. She does look like a radiant personality who is willing to carry the Nehru- Gandhi legacy forward.Priyanka Gandhi has the knack of striking emotional chord with the masses. This is another quality that she has inherited from her grandmother.
7. Priyanka’s first public speech was when she was 16 years old. She has the ability to connect with the audience although has been criticize for lack of content in her speeches.
8. Priyanka now is follower of Buddhism and considers it to be an experiment to find peace and she is very secretive about her personal life. She has been practicing “Vipassanna” for about 11 years.
9. Be it her gentle manners of speaking, her confident walk or her dressing manner, Priyanka Gandhi has got a style. Priyanka has her way of tackling situations. She strongly believes in herself and would not take any thing thrown at her family. We have seen her taking a stand on several occasions.“I am Rajiv Gandhi’s daughter,” was Priyanka Gandhi terse reply to purported comments by Narendra Modi that he considers her as his daughter. “Main Rajiv Gandhi ki beti hoon’.On another occasion, when the opposition attacked her husband, she got emotional and lost no time in defending her husband. When she was asked about Smriti Irani, who had been contesting against Rahul in 2014 Lok Sahba elections from Amethi, she retorted, “Who is Smriti Irani”.This led to accusations of Priyanka being arrogant.
11. John Abraham once said, “Priyanka Gandhi is my ideal of beauty.” He also said that he greatly admired her. Priyanka Gandhi is known to carry herself gracefully on all occasions
12.In an embarrassment to the Bharatiya Janata Party, party MLA Prabhu Chavan was caught on camera watching a zoomed in photo of Priyanka Gandhi on his mobile phone in the Karnataka Assembly.
Latest posts by Shreya Karania (see all)
- The Journey Of A Successful BMS Content Writer Intern – Ms. Shreya Karania - March 30, 2015
- 7 Facts You Need To Definetly Know About Kayla Mueller - February 15, 2015
- Top 3 Latest News Pieces That Every Barcelona Fan Should Know About Its Favourite Team - February 15, 2015