1) Snapdeal / Snapdeal.com came into existence in 2010 as a daily deals platform, started by Kunal Bahl and Rohit Bansal.
2) Snapdeal is an ecommerce company which has its headquarters at New Delhi, India.
3) Snapdeal is one of the largest online marketplaces in India which offers 4 million + products across various categories from 20k sellers, shipping to 4000 towns and cities in India.
4) In 2011, Snapdeal received a funding of $12 million from Nexus Venture Partners and Indo-US Venture Partners.
5) In 2014, Snapdeal received a funding of over $133 million and the current investors include : Kalaari Capital, Nexus Venture Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Intel Capital, Saama Capital etc.
6) The largest investor of Snapdeal is Softbank with investments worth $627 million in fresh capital in October 2014.
7) Snapdeal has acquired Grabbon.com, esportsbuy.com, Shopo.in in the last 4 years.
8) Snapdeal has received many awards and recognition which include : eRetailer of the Year and Best Advertising Campaign of the year 2012, Ecommerce site of the year in 2012, Hottest Internet companies of the year 2012, #1 e-commerce site in India 2011, Buziest brands of India, Cheapest Online mobile store in 2013.
9) Snapdeal believes in 5 core values which includes : Innovation, change, Openness, Ownership and Honesty.
10) Snapdeal has 1000+ employees, 6000+ featured brands, 500+ categories and in every 30 seconds, a new product gets added on Snapdeal.