1) Delhi Development Authority was formed in 1955 to promote and secure the development of Delhi under the Delhi Development Act.
2) In 1911, the British shifted the government activities from Kolkata to Delhi and set up New Delhi in 1912.
3) The first authority to regulate the planned development of Delhi was set up in 1922 which consisted of 10-12 officials.
4) In 1937, the Nazul office was upgraded to an Improvement Trust in order to control building operations and regulate land usage.
5) After 1950s, the Delhi Improvement Trust and Municipal Body was not upgraded to check the rapid growth of the city and hence a Single Planning and Controlling Authority for all the urban areas of Delhi was formed.
6) In 1957, Delhi Development Authority started its operations as the 9th builder of the grand city of Delhi.
7) DDA is involved in activities like construction work, preparation for 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi, Games Village on banks of the river Yamuna in East Delhi.
8) Delhi Development Authority of India is responsible for a well-planned and swift development of Delhi city in true sense.
9) DDA also has attracted large number of immigrants from neighbouring cities and states to provide an accommodating atmosphere to everyone.
10) Popular DDA schemes include : New Pattern Registration Scheme, Janta Housing Registration Scheme, Ambedkar Awas Yojana, etc.