- Every year more than 2 billion people travel from Mumbai Local Trains, That’s less than half of the world’s population which is around 6 billion.
- Daily more than 7 million passengers travel through Mumbai Local; this is more than the population of 140 countries.
- You can travel 200 kms for only 30 rupees.
- The service of train is unavailable for only 4 hours at midnight else one can catch a train anytime.
- Getting into a train and getting a window seat during peak hours is like winning a battle.
- Mumbaikars have a unique species of friends, known as ‘train friends’.
- Getting in an empty bogie during peak hours would confuse and person and he might think he is in the First Class.
- Catching a Virar local by a Borivali passenger would be regarded as a ‘crime’.
- When the train is jammed pack, people wish they could sit but when the train is full empty, people want to just stand at the door.
- ‘Train was late’ is the biggest excuse for college and office going people.
– Jainam Jhaveri