- Material handling work should be minimized without sacrificing productivity or the level of service required of the operation.
- The measure of material handling work in flow rate volume, right or count per unit of time multiplied by distance moved.
- Simplifying processes by reducing, combining, shortening or eliminating unnecessary moves which reduce work.
- Where possible, gravity should be used to move materials or to assist in their movement while respecting consideration of safety and the potential for product damage.
- The work principle is implemented best by appropriate layout planning, by locating the production equipment into a physical arrangement corresponding to the flow of work. This arrangement tends to minimize the distance that must be traveled by the materials being processed.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019