Organizational Behavior: OB is a field of study that investigates the impact that individuals, groups, and structure have on behavior within organizations for the purpose of applying such knowledge toward improving an organization’s effectiveness.
Organizational behavior is a field of study.
1. OB studies three determinants of behavior in organizations: individuals, groups, and structure.
2. OB applies the knowledge gained about individuals, groups, and the effect of structure on behavior in order to make organizations work more effectively.
3. OB is concerned with the study of what people do in an organization and how that behavior affects the performance of the organization.
4. There is increasing agreement as to the components of OB, but there is still considerable debate as to the relative importance of each: motivation, leader behavior and power, interpersonal communication, group structure and processes, learning, attitude development and perception, change processes, conflict, work design, and work stress.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019