According to section 2(2) of the companies act, 1956 ‘Articles” means the Articles of association of a company as originally framed and altered from time to time in pursuance if any previous companies law or of the present act. The articles of association are the rules and regulation of a company framed for the purpose of internal management of its affairs.
The Articles of association of a company are subordinate to and are controlled by the memorandum of association. The articles are framed mainly for carrying out the aims and objects of the Memorandum of Association.
They accept the Memorandum of Association as the charter of incorporation and so accepting if the articles proceed to define the duties, rights and powers of the governing body.
Companies required to file the articles with the Registrar of Companies:- The following are the companies, which are required to file the articles with Registrar of Companies.
- Company limited by guarantee
- Unlimited company
- Private Company limited by shares
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019