1. The Indian mathematical genius Srinivasa Ramanujan was born on 22 December 1887.
2. The Government of India decided to celebrate Ramanujan’s birthday as the National Mathematics Day every year in recognition of his contribution to mathematics.
3. In India December 22 has been declared as the National Mathematics Day.
4. On 26 February 2012 during the inaugural ceremony of the celebrations to mark the 125th birth anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan held at the Madras University Centenary Auditorium ,Dr Manmohan Singh declared that 22nd December would be celebrated as the National Mathematics Day in India.
5. Dr Manmohan Singh also announced that the year 2012 would be celebrated as the National Mathematics Year.
Latest posts by Soumya Nadar (see all)
- 5 Awesome Facts That You Ought To Know About The ‘Delhi Elections’ - February 7, 2015
- 5 Interesting Facts That You Ought To Know About The Indian Playback Singer ‘Shreya Ghoshal’ - February 7, 2015
- 5 Facts That You Ought to Know About ‘Praveen Togadia’ - February 7, 2015