RULES OF CROSSING
- An uncrossed cheque may be crossed generally or specially by the drawer or the holder.
- A cheque crossed generally, may be crossed specially by the holder.
- The holder may add the words “not negotiable”.
- The banker to whom the cheque is crossed specially, may re-cross it, but only to another bank as his agent for collection.
- Where an uncrossed cheque or a cheque crossed generally is sent to a banker for collection, he may cross it specially to himself. But he cannot enjoy Statutory protection against being sued for conversion.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019