Special Studies in Finance is an elective subject of TYBMS Semester 5 (Mumbai University exam). The subject covers important topics like Economic Value Addition (EVA), Appraisal of term loans, accounting for effects of changes in foreign exchange rates and financial services.
Here we present the detailed syllabus of Special Studies in Finance:
Unit 1 – 15 lectures
Economic Value Addition (EVA):
- Current developments
- Deferred Tax – assets and liabilities – AS 22
- Segment Reporting – AS 17
- Initial Public Offer – IPO
- Employees Stock Option Plan – E.S.O.P.
- Sweat Equity.
Financial Derivation and Future Derivations:
- AS – 30 – Recognition and Measurement
- AS – 31 – Representation.
Unit 2 – 15 lectures
- Appraisal of Term Loan
- Project Report – Structure of Project Report.
Unit 3 – 15 lectures
- Accounting for effects of changes in foreign exchange rates – AS 11
- In relation to purchase and sale of goods, services and assets and loan and credit transactions.
- Computation and treatment of exchange differences.
- Hire Purchase
- Capital Market
- Merchant Banking
- Credit Ratings
- Mutual Funds
The list of reference books of Special Studies in Finance is as follows:
- Corporate Financial Management – Raj A
- Business Finance – Kulkarni P
- Financial Management – Chandra P.
- Basic Financial Management – I.M. Pandey
- Techniques of Financial Management – Helfert
- Financial Management – William W. Sihler, Richard D. Crowford and Henry A. Davis
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019