Trends in Corporate Governance:
- Boards are getting more involved not only in reviewing & evaluating company strategic but also in shaping.
- Institutional investors such as pension’s funds, mutual funds, & insurance companies are becoming active on boards, and are putting increase pressure on top management to improve corporate performances.
- None affiliated outside directors are increasing their numbers and power in publicly held corporation’s as CEO’s loosen their grips on boards. Outside members are taking charge of annual CEO evaluation.
- Boards are getting smaller, partially because of the reduction in the number of insiders but also because boards desire new directors to have specialized knowledge & expertise instead of general experience.
- Boards continue to take more control of board functions by either splitting the combined chair/CEO position into two separate positions or establishing a lead outside director position.
- As corporations become more global, they are increasingly looking for international experience in their board members.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019