Public Sector Banks form the major recruiter group for candidates aspiring for bank jobs. They are:
1. State Bank of India Group (Total:6 Banks) namely State Bank of India, State Banks of Bikaner & Jaipur, Hyderabad, Mysore, Patiala and Travancore.
2. Nationalised Banks (Total: 19 Banks) which include Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Central Bank of India, Corporation Bank, Dena Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab & Sind Bank, Punjab National Bank, Syndicate Bank, UCO Bank, United Bank of India, Union Bank of India and Vijaya Bank.
3. Other Public Sector Bank (Total: 1 Bank) i.e. IDBI Bank Limited.
4. Private Sector Banks: The major recruiters in the private sector include the ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, Federal Bank, Centurion Bank of Punjab, Indusind Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Yes Bank, ING Vysya Bank, Bank of Rajasthan, Karur Vysya Bank, Karnataka Bank, Jammu & Kashmir Bank, South Indian Bank, Bharat Overseas Bank, etc.
5. Co-operative Banks: All major National and State Co-operative Banks and Scheduled Urban Co-operative Banks conduct their own exams to recruit Officers.
6. RRBs(Regional Rural Banks): Regional rural banks in India have penetrated every corner of the country and extended a helping hand in the growth process of the country.There are total of 82 banks across the country.