Are you among the 2 lakh students/candidates who are going to take CAT – the most competitive entrance exam of India this year? To introduce CAT, it is the popular entrance exam taken by students who aspire to pursue a management course or MBA in future. CAT is an entrance exam conducted by the IIM (Indian Institute of Management) for getting admission to 19 IIMs and many other prestigious B-schools across India.
Here we present The Complete Guide To CAT 2015: Everything A CAT 2015 Aspirant Needs To Know:
- Registration starts – 6th August 2015
- Last date of registration – 20th September 2015
- Admit Card Download – 15th October 2015, 1pm till exam day
- CAT 2015 Exam Date – 29th November 2015, Sunday
- Declaration of Results – 2nd week of January 2016
On 26th July 2015, the advertisement for CAT 2015 has been released in 24 newspapers across India.
Important Features of CAT 2015 are as follows:
- CAT 2015 will be held in 2 sessions in 1 day i.e. the exam is going to be conducted on 29.11.2015, Sunday.
- CAT 2015 will be conducted in 136 cities comprising 650 test sites.
- Students will get an option to select 4 test cities in order of preference.
- Registration fees have to be paid through online mode only, including Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking.
- After the submission of application, students will be permitted to download their admit card from 15 October 2015 onwards till the date of exam.
- Duration of exam has been increased to 180 minutes instead of 170 minutes.
- CAT 2015 will have 3 sections: Quantitative Aptitude (QA), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR), Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC).
- QA and VRC will have 34 questions each and DILR will have 32 questions.
- Some questions in each section may not be of multiple choice type. Instead, direct answers are to typed on the screen.
- Tutorials will explain this change clearly.
- Usage of basic on-screen calculator for computation is allowed.
- Students will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section.
- They cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
- Tutorial to understand the format of examination will be available on CAT website from 15th October 2015.
- Candidates are advised to work on the tutorials, available on the website, well in advance.
- Students can contact the helpdesk over mail or phone if they have any queries on any matter related to CAT 2015.
- Email id is [email protected] and Help Desk number is 18002660207 (Monday to Saturday 9am to 6pm, not available on national/public holidays)
- Website for reference: iimcat.ac.in
- The official CAT 2015 notification can be checked : here
Key Changes to Remember:
- CAT 2015 is a one day exam.
- The test duration has increased by 10 minutes.
- There are 3 sections in question paper instead of 2.
- Descriptive questions are introduced alongwith Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Students cannot switch between sections while answering questions
- More test cities and more test centres for CAT 2015
CAT 2015 Syllabus:
Quantitative Aptitude (QA):
- Number Systems
- LCM and HCF
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Interest (Simple and Compound)
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Ratio and Proportion
- Linear Equations
- Quadratic Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Progressions (Sequences & Series)
- Binomial Theorem
- Surds and Indices
- Permutation and Combination
- Set Theory
- Mixtures and Alligations
- Co-ordinate Geometry
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR):
Data Interpretation includes:
- Column Graphs
- Bar Graphs
- Line Charts
- Pie Chart
- Venn Diagrams
Logical Reasoning includes:
- Number and Letter Series
- Venn Diagrams
- Binary Logic
- Seating Arrangement
- Logical Sequence
- Logical Matching
- Logical Connectives
- Blood Relations
Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC):
- Vocabulary Based (Synonyms Antonyms)
- English Usage or Grammar
- Sentence Correction
- Fill in the blanks
- Cloze Passage
- Analogies or Reverse Analogies
- Jumbled Paragraph
- Meaning-Usage Match
- Summary Questions
- Verbal Reasoning
- Facts / Inferences / Judgements
- Reading Comprehension
- Business World
- Business Line
- Business Today
- Competition Success Review
- The Hindu
- Economic Times
- Financial Express
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019