Here’s a list of major goof ups by the University of Mumbai this year:
- It all started this year in the penultimate semester of the first batch passing out under the newly introduced credit system, with erroneous hall tickets. Apart from being allocated wrong exam centres, certain hall tickets had unrecognisable images of the students. The goof ups didn’t stop here. Many of the declared results were incorrect and inconsistent with the calibre of the students.
- The final semester exams were far from a breeze. Several papers (a total of 476) were postponed due to teachers having to attend mandatory training for the impending general elections. Many turned up at their exam centres on wrong dates due to the confusion. Some of these papers were subject to postponement more than once that furthered the confusion.
- The T. Y. B. Com students experienced the worst with multiple paper leaks. It was the Human Resources Management paper (one of the lengthiest) that was leaked on WhatsApp half an hour before the examination. With some centres unaware of the leak, students were forced to attempt both the leaked and the revised paper consecutively on the same day. This impacted the performance of the students on the next paper which was on the following day.
- Allegedly two more T. Y. B. Com papers have been leaked. Students have been left in the lurch regarding further revisions of the same papers.
- The e-delivery system has defeated its original objective of preventing leakages and ensuring efficiency. Many centres received the papers late through the e-delivery system, thus causing a delay.
- Some indefinite and long delays without prior warning have affected training programmes, internships, preparation for certain entrance exams and holiday plans.
- Students who had their centres at D.G. Ruparel, Mahim and Elphinstone College, Fort have beenshifted to other centres effective from April 15, as election activities have to be carried out at these centres. T.Y.B.A. students appearing from Ruparel College have been shifted to M.D.College Parel and T.Y.B.Sc students have been shifted to Kirti College, Dadar. The T.Y.B.A., T.Y.B.Com and M.A. students appearing from Elphinstone college have been shifted to Wilson College near Girgaum Chowpatty. The problem caused, apart from inconvenience to students, extends to the issue of accommodating the newly transferred students.
- The examination schedule contained certain discrepancies with T.Y.B.Sc chemistry and physicsand T.Y.B.A. Psychology papers scheduled on the same days. With examination candidates ranging under various heads, from BA to MA with some repeaters of semester five, some correspondence students, and some students not being under the new credit system the exam timetable has seen a lot of overlaps and delays. TYBA psychology students faced quite a lot of confusion when the counselling paper for Semester V for repeaters overlapped with the Semester VI abnormal psychology paper, both scheduled to be on April 22. The university has now postponed the counselling paper to June 18 to avoid any more clashes, but this heightens fears of postponement of results. With respect to T.Y.B.Sc. papers of the old course, 3000s students were affected.
Many students are evidently miffed with the postponements and the leaks. A lot of students fear that their final results will also be affected due to the failings in the system. Let’s hope the coming admission season won’t be a bumpy ride. The university needs to question the real need for an electronic system, when managing it is proving to be a challenge for them.
Content Courtesy : DNA
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019