1) A Cost Accountant gets an opportunity to perform services involving the costing or pricing of goods and services or the preparation, verification or certification of cost accounting and related statements.
2) Employment Opportunities in many Public and Private Sectors and Government Departments as Chairman, Managing Director, Finance Director, Chief Executive, General Manager, Finance Manager etc.
3) Cost Accounting Service in Central Government named as Indian Cost Accounts Service is at par with the Class I Services of the Government of India
4) Cost Accountants can practice in the area of Cost Audit under Section 233 (B) of the Companies Act, 1956, Excise Audit under Section 14A of the Central Excise Act and Special Audit of Certification of Manufacturing Account as per Customs Act and Consultancy Assignments.
5) Gives an opportunity for Independent practice.