Are you upset or disappointed because of the ATKT in OR? Well, if you are still hoping that you would get those grace marks or praying that MU changes its mind, then let me tell you that the reality is far different. If MU had to give you grace marks, it would be before they would have released the results online. So instead of wasting your time on thinking that things change, let’s focus your attention on how to crack the subject – Operations Research and pass in ATKT exams with flying colors.
A renowned author had once said that “You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don’t try to forget the mistakes, but you don’t dwell on it. You don’t let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.” So stop dwelling on the past and move on.
And if you are thinking right now how you are going to come out of this ATKT then don’t worry!
Vipin Saboo Tutorials has come up with special private batches for OR ATKT exams (and IF ATKT exams) at Malad, Borivali, Bandra and South Mumbai. If you want to know more about Vipin Saboo Tutorials, you can check here. If you or your friends are having ATKT, then you can contact Prof. Vipin Saboo at 9820779873. Hurry up as only few seats are left.
Below are some tips that may help you clear your forthcoming ATKT exams:
The OR Paper consists of 5 chapters divided into 4 major units.
For Numerical, focus on the below chapters:
- Graphical LPP- formulation and graphical solution- very basic simple sums. Only refer last 5 years papers
- Simplex- Minimization method- case studies to be asked here. Only refer last 5 years papers
- Sensitivity – you may skip this
- Assignment- Minimization, maximization and restricted route type- Only refer last 5 years papers
- VAM -Transportation (including MODI and degeneracy). This could be asked as case, also solve sums where the VAM is already solved and given
- Decision sciences- tree diagram, EMV, EPPI, EOL- very simple basic sums
- Maximin, Minimax, Alpha , Laplace and Minimax regret in Decision theory
- CPM- Floats and Forward and backward path computations- very simple basic sums
- PERT- Only refer last 5 years papers
- Crashing- Only refer last 5 years papers
For theory, focus on the following topics:
- Constraints in LPP
- Infeasibility in Graphical and Simplex
- Redundancy in graphical and simplex
- Iso profit line in graphical
- Slack, surplus and artificial variables in simplex
- Shadow prices in simplex
- Degeneracy in transportation
- Diff between transportation and assignment
- Types of float in CPM
- Objectives of crashing
- 3 Time estimate in PERT
- CPM vs PERT
- Decision making under risk and uncertainty
- Decision tree
- Perfect information in decision theory
Latest posts by vipin0785 (see all)
- Business Communications II FYBMS Question Bank 2019 - March 21, 2019
- Business Environment Question Bank FYBMS 2019 - March 21, 2019
- Business Mathematics Question Bank FYBMS 2019 - March 21, 2019