1) The seniors are those who have loyally served the organization and are mature enough to understand the goals of the organization and work for them.
2) There is very little scope for the seniors quitting their jobs since they have put in uninterrupted service for long years in the organization, and with their services there is likely to be continuity of policies and consistency in their implementation.
3) Ofcourse, a certain standard of fitness has to be expected but it will be easy for the management to assess their fitness because of the long period of their service; and they are also likely to give their best when they are assured of their prospects and know where they stand in the promotion lists.
1) The consideration of seniority-cum-fitness alone for promotion, without relevance to merit places a premium on inefficiency. Unionisation, security of job and uninterrupted service for long years tend to make the employees lethargic towards work, and dominate every aspect of work and over everybody in the organization.
2) They also develop the attitude that they have already contributed their maximum to the organization, and feel that with marginal efficiency they can avoid being classified as unfit for promotion.
3) Above all, they are self-opinionated, resist change, refuse to develop the young hands who are better qualified and determined to grow with the organization. This shuts out, for the organization, the chances of tapping the cream of talent. After all, in the interests of the organization the promotion issue is basically a prerogative of the Management and is not a matter of right for the Unions.
P.S. The above comments are our perceptions and yours need not be exactly the same. What we seek to stimulate is a motivation on your part to think on these issues and develop your own perceptions and comment below.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019