Role Of Constructive And Positive Union
Unions have a crucial role to play in Industrial Relations. Unions have following broad role or objectives as mentioned below.
- To redress the genuine grievances of individual worker vis-à-vis the individual employer, by substituting joint or collective action for individual action.
- To secure improved terms and conditions of employment for its members and the maximum degree of security to enjoy these terms and conditions.
- To obtain improved status for the worker in his work or her work
- To increase the extent to which unions can exercise democratic control over decisions, which affect their interests by power sharing at the national, corporate and plant levels.
The union power is exerted primarily at two levels. Industry level to establish joint regulation on basic wages and hours with an employer’s association. Plant level, where the shop stewards organizations exercise joint control over some aspects of the organization of work and localized terms and conditions of employment.
Unions are party to national, local and plant level agreements, which govern their actions to a greater or lesser extent, depending on their power and on local circumstances.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019