The purpose of staffing is to employ most suitable and competent persons as per the requirements of the organization. With this aim in view- the following staff process is followed:
- Estimating Man power Need: The first thing in staffing process is to estimate manpower needs. These needs are influenced by the type and size of the organization. Total manpower requirements are properly assessed. It is also ascertained at what time different persons are needed.
- Recruitment and Selection of Staff: Recruitment is the process of searching prospective employees and persuading them to apply in the organization. Selection is the procedure of spotting most suitable candidates out of those who are interested to get employment in the enterprise. The purpose of recruitment and selection is to employing right man for the right job. There are internal as well as external sources of recruitment.
- Training and Development: Training is meant to improve the skill and knowledge of employees. It is beneficial to both employer and employees. A well trained worker improves his efficiency and productivity. Suitable training methods should be devised for different categories of employees. A formal training will avoid the risk of trial and error and will also minimize the cost and wastage involved in training. Development refers to the training of managerial staff. Development helps the growth of an individual in all respects through development managerial staff does not increase its capabilities to perform the present work but also enhances their ability to meet challenges in future.
- Promotion and Transfer: Employees are promoted to higher rank on the basis of their merit and seniority .Staffing also involves transfer of persons form one job to another, from one place to another on the basis of their ability, competence and ability.
- Remuneration: Remuneration is paid for the services of labour. Employee motivation mainly depends upon the wage and salary structure prevalent in an organization. Employees should be paid fair remuneration so that they feel encouraged to contribute maximum in their efforts. The wages are normally paid on the basis of time spent or piece rate.
- Performances Appraisal: After selecting and training an employer for a particular job, management would like to see how he performs high work. Performance appraisal is a systematic evaluation of employees contribution to the organization in performance of their .jobs. This evaluation is normally done by immediate superior in the organization and it is reviewed in turn by his superior. Not only the qualities but deficiencies are also evaluated to improve the performance of employees.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019