Staffing basically involves matching jobs and individuals. This may require functions like manpower planning, recruitment, selection, training, development, performance appraisal, transfers, promotions etc.
Staffing has the following important features:
- Staffing is a basic function of management.
- It is concerned with human resources management in the organization.
- Staffing function is performed continuously. Every manager has to guide and train employees and also evaluate their performance on a continuous basis.
- The main purpose of this function is to make optimum utilization of human resources and also to provide proper satisfaction to employees.
- Staffing is performed by all managers. In big concerns there is a separate personnel department to deal with this function, but even here this department advises line managers regarding different aspect of human resources.
- Since staffing deals with human beings who have their own needs, emotions and aspirations this function is different from other managerial functions.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019