An Interview with Prof. Anju Ailsinghani, BMS Co-ordinator, Bharat College
by Sandeep Singh, Content Writer, BMS.co.in
- Tell us something about yourself.
I have done my graduation from CHM College; I have also done M.com, B.Ed, Advanced diploma in Business Administration and PGDBA from Welingkar Institute of Management Studies.
- Tell us something about your college.
The college was opened in the year 1991 by late Shri Thakur Saroopa, Dr. Sunil Sharma is the current Principal, though the college started long back but management course was added quite recently. We had our first TYBMS batch this year and are expecting some really good results.
- When did you join this profession? What inspired you to choose this line?
I was always interested in teaching, it is in my blood, and it’s my passion! Teaching is a never ending process and one get to learn many things while teaching others. I joined this college few years back only.
- As a coordinator, do you also teach any subjects? Which subject do you love the most?
Yes, I teach Foundation of human skills, Business communication, Business environment, Strategic Management, Cooperatives and rural management, PRM, HRM, Logistics and international marketing. HRM and business communication are my favorite subjects.
- How are the roles and responsibilities of a coordinator different from that of a faculty? Do you like being a faculty or a coordinator? Which helps you to connect more?
As a coordinator you always need to be on your toes, you have to know all the stuff and keep yourself updated, you have to be quick to accept the changes and cope up with them. While the role of the teacher is much simplified and she can pay more attention towards every student, it helps me to connect more with students as a teacher, that way you can understand their problems much closely. ‘A good teacher acts as a magnet and connects well’.
- Who in your life has influenced you the most?
I am a self-made personality and a strong believer in God. In general, all my teachers and elders have influenced me.
- What should BMS/ Management education mean to a student?
Everyone wants to do MBA and BMS is the first step towards it. A student should see it as a step to enter in the management field and to excel MBA.
- Tell us something about your college’s fests/events and extra co-curricular activities.
We keep on conducting management games, seminars, group discussions, entrepreneurial activities from time to time. FRICTION is our inter college festival in which students from many colleges participate, we also conduct Bharat-Utsav which is our intra collegiate festival.
- Do you think that it should be made compulsory for the students to manage both studies and be a part of college fests/events?
The BMS course is designed in such a manner that it develops an all round personality. Students should enhance their skills through presentations, by taking part in sports and participating in various activities.
- Tell us something about your college student’s performances.
The students have been doing pretty well. In spite of being the very first BMS batch, some students have already been taken by companies like Infosys and Wipro. Placements are done in the month of December.
- What are your future plans for the college?
We have applied for various courses to Mumbai University like BAF, Bsc(I.T.), Bsc (CS), we are planning to add more facilities for students.
- As a person, your mission and aim in life?
I want to be remembered by my students. I want to excel in this field so that my students don’t forget me.
- Does your college provide any placement assistance to BMS students?
We have placement cell in our college, students are asked to do summer internships, IMAT hires our students for summer jobs and companies like Wipro and Infosys hire our graduates.
- What are the prospects after BMS?
A student can either do M.B.A directly or do a job, it is advisable to take one year work experience and then get a good college.
- Any message to BMS students?
Take your studies seriously and sincerely, study hard and enjoy your life. Students should be a little more serious and dedicated towards their studies.
Bms.co.in really helps colleges and students; it has a lot more than just academics. The site should be kept updated regularly.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019