A supervisor specifically performs the following functions.
- Planning the activities of his section, classifying and assigning jobs to workers.
- Guiding workers about work procedure
- Managing and arranging necessary materials, toots, etc., for the workers
- Ensuring maintenance of machineries, etc.
- Providing on the: job training to workers
- Supervision and control of functioning of workers
- Solving problems of workers relating to jobs
- Communicating the problems of workers, which are not solved at his level
- Providing feedback., to management about the nature of work environment in his section
- Maintaining discipline among workers, developing in them right type of approach, and maintaining good human relations.
Various functions performed by different levels of management suggest that managers at every level have to perform all five functions. However, the relative importance of a function may differ from level to level. For example) planning is the most crucial function at the top level while routine and direct control becomes most important at supervisor level.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019