Features Of Rural Marketing
1. Large and Scattered market:
The rural market of India is large and scattered in the sense that it consists of over 63 crore consumer from 5, 70,000 villages spread throughout the country.
2. Major income from agriculture:
Nearly 60 % of the rural income is from agriculture. Hence rural prosperity is tied with agricultural prosperity.
3. Low standard of living:
The consumer in the village area do have a low standard of living because of low literacy, low per capita income, social backwardness, low savings, etc.
4. Traditional Outlook:
The rural consumer values old customs and tradition. They do not prefer changes.
5. Diverse socio-economic backwardness:
Rural consumers have diverse socio-economic backwardness. This is different in different parts of the country.
6. Infrastructure Facilities:
The Infrastructure Facilities like roads, warehouses, communication system, financial facilities are inadequate in rural areas. Hence physical distribution becomes costly due to inadequate Infrastructure Facilities.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019