Duties Of Arbitrator
- He must act judicially as he is an extra-judicial court at the choice of the parties. So, he must fix the time and place for hearing and grant adjournments as may be necessary to do justice.
- He must observe the fundamental principles of justice. He may not strictly follow the technical rules of procedure. But he should not disregard the substance of justice.
- He must be impartial and act fairly to both the parties.
- He must not act as an agent or advocate of a party. He must act as an impartial judge.
- He must decide on all matters relating to the dispute and make an award
- He must not delegate his authority to someone else except when the delegation involves ministerial acts. He may however, take the assistance of experts like a Chartered Accountant etc. but he must give his own decision.
- He must not investigate into matters which are outside the scope of terms of reference to arbitration. So, he must not exceed his authority.
- He must make an award within four months from the date on which reference is made or within such extended time as the court may allow.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019