Meaning: Distinctive Competence is a set of unique capabilities that certain firms possess allowing them to make inroads into desired markets and to gain advantage over the competition; generally, it is an activity that a firm performs better than its competition. To define a firm‟s distinctive competence, management must complete an assessment of both internal and external corporate environments. When management finds an internal strength and both meets market needs and gives the firm a comparative advantage in the market place, that strength is the firm‟s distinctive competence.
Defining and Building Distinctive Competence: To define a company‟s distinctive competence, managers often follow a particular process.
1. They identify the strengths and weaknesses in the given marketplace.
2. They analyze specific market needs and look for comparative advantages that they have over the competition.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019