Are you sulking coz of failure in an exam? Do you believe in the Indian society’s mentality which says “If you failed in your exams, it means you have failed in life”. Failing in exams doesn’t mean that you are not smart and this has been proved by many successful and rich people of the world.
Famous Indian College Dropouts who have come a long way from an ‘UNSUCCESSFUL’ candidate to successful people:-
Kiran Jonnalagadda from Bangalore was a engineering student. He cleared his engineering after 5 attempts. According to him, it’s OK to fail. Exams are not the end of the world. As Einstein said: ‘Just because a fish cannot climb a tree doesn’t mean it’s not smart.’ Kiran was never good at Maths and Chemistry but he loved computers. What kept him going through the 5 attempts was his confidence and a want to revolt. His name now features in the team that developed the Human Protein Reference Database by John Hopkins University.
Success mantra- I don’t believe the school system is the only route to success. It gives you an automated path to a career. Otherwise, you can make your own path. – Kiran Jonnalagadda
Vivek Madan dropped out of college when he was doing his first year BSc in Environment Science at St. Joseph’s College. His family did really well in academics and grandparents had PhDs. He quit his college when he was 20 and went onto become a renowned theatre artist. He owns a entertainment company “Harlequin Entertainment” alongwith a partner.
Success mantra- I was lucky it worked out for me. It could have gone awry. You have to play your cards right. – Vivek Madan
Karthik Naralasetty feels success in studies doesn’t guarantee success in life. He dropped out of Rutgers University, US. He is currently running a company called “Socialblood Inc” based in New York. According to him, to be successful in life doesn’t lie in Class X or Class XII grades. He formed a website that can connect you to people in your locality or city to donate and receive blood. He is the winner of Staples Youth Social Entrepreneur Award 2011.
Success mantra – Life is what you make of it. If you fail, laugh at it and move on. Never lose hope.– Karthik Naralasetty
Top 4 Renowned Richest School and College Dropout Billionaires and Successful Entrepreneurs
1) Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard at the age of 19 to focus on building Microsoft and he has been the world’s richest man for 13 consecutive years.
“To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks.” – Bill Gates
2) Henry Ford dropped out of school at the age of 16 and went onto build Ford Motor Company becoming the richest men that ever lived.
“Thinking is the hardest work to do, that’s why so few people are engaged in it.” – Henry Ford
3) Steve Jobs dropped out of Reed College at the age of 18 to start Apple Inc.
“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
4) Mark Zuckerberg dropped out of Harvard at the age of 19 to promote his social networking platform Facebook and has become the youngest billionaire in the world.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019