Personnel management is one important aspect of total business management and is directly concerned with the manpower employed in the organization. Naturally, all aspects connected With the manpower management come within the scope of personnel management. It is connected with all other departments as manpower is required in all departments and all aspects relating to manpower are dealt with by the personnel department. In this sense, personnel management is connected with production, marketing, finance and other areas of management. Thus, the scope of personnel management is quite comprehensive
The following areas are covered by personnel management:
- Manpower planning, recruitment, selection, appointment and placement of employees and induction and orientation.
- Training and manpower development.
- Health and safety of employees.
- Wages and salaries administration (compensation management).
- Industrial relations and settlement of grievances of employees.
- Human resource planning and development.
- Personnel research and personnel audit.
- Amenities, services and welfare facilities (Employee services).
- Promotions and transfers of employees.
- Labour legislations and their administration at the organization level.
- Misc. functional areas under personnel management:
- Organizational planning and development.
- Motivation and incentives.
- Employee records.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019