- it is easy to use
- it is quantifiable
- it draws attention to the cash flows
- it draws attention to the investment needs
- it is too simplistic
- link between market share and profitability is not strong
- growth rate is only one aspect of industry attractiveness
- it is not always clear how markets should be defined
- market share is considered as the only aspect of overall competitive position
- many products or business units fall right in the middle of the matrix, and cannot easily be classified.
BCG matrix is thus a snapshot of an organization at a given point of time and does not reflect businesses growing over time.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019