Being humble is something we are learning since our school days, yet we fail to understand its importance in our lives. Most humans have a thing fixed into their heads that they are perfect in every way which is what makes it hard to be humble oneself. Also the society we live in is pretty competitive and there is no place for a humble heart. In order to reach the desired destiny, people make use of their selfish means and forget the fact that being humble would take even higher in life. Here are 6 simple ways to be humble oneself and not be selfish.
- Accept that you’re not perfect: No matter how good, smart or talented you are there is always someone better than you or standing right above you. Take a look at them and try and improve yourself instead of sitting with the fact that you’re perfect. You may be best at something but you cannot be best at everything. Learn to accept, it will help you move forward in life.
- Recognise your faults: It is much easier to pin-point on others rather than looking at yourself. Instead of judging others consider ways to improve you.
- Be happy with what you have: A humble person is happy with what he has and does not wish for more. Remember what you have and where you are is because of what you decided for yourself.
- Make mistakes and Accept them: Making mistakes a part of being humble, you make mistakes and so does everyone. Do not hesitate to try new things and fail at it, failure is the stepping stone to success. Although you may fear that people will laugh at you when you make mistakes, it’s always better to be honest and admit it rather than covering it up. People will respect you more for your deed of honesty.
- Don’t brag about yourself: It’s completely natural to feel proud about one and achievements, but nobody appreciates the same thing over and over again. Let people see your accomplishments and not you forcing them to see it.
- Be considerate and don’t take credit alone: You should be considerate and not try and put anyone down. We are humans and there is always someone to help us, guide us and influence us, who have helped you reach your goal, so be humble enough to credit some credit to others.
Remember your selfish motives will take you up the height of success but will push you down eventually. Your humble and kind nature will take you where you want to go no matter how long it takes.
Latest posts by Daisy Pais (see all)
- Global Warming- A Devastating Problem - March 2, 2015
- The Mindblowing Truth About ‘MIND’ That Can Be A Friend Or An Enemy - March 2, 2015
- 3 Most Common Behavioural Disorders Seen In Children - March 2, 2015