1. Fresh fruits and juices: (Stress buster: Antioxidants)
Juices made from yellow, orange, dark green or red fruits and vegetables are a great source of antioxidant nutrients, which have been proven to play an imperative role in supporting our immune system when we are under stress.
2. Protein rich foods: (Stress buster: dopamine)
Proteins such as fish, chicken and pulses, if eaten in small portions, can trigger dopamine production in the body, which can be converted into adrenaline that provides us with an extra edge during times of distress. Fish, for example, contains vitamin B that lends support to our nervous system during stress.
3. Vitamin B rich foods: (stress buster: Vitamin B)
These comprise dairy foods, green leafy vegetables, seafood, whole grain and Marmite. In those formidable times of stress, these food items support our nervous system and have a calming effect on the body.
4. Complex carbohydrates: (stress buster: Complex carbohydrates)
Brown rice, potatoes, whole grain bread, pasta and cereals all comprise complex carbohydrates. They are a better alternative to refined carbohydrates when we are under stress. They are broken down in the body at a speed that promotes a continual release of energy.
Intresting read for the health concious:
A chocolate a day keeps the doctor away: http://bit.ly/1lGgsNQ
Health benifits of Smiling: http://bit.ly/1lbXL7m
Tips to keep your mind sharp: http://bit.ly/1gbljEU
Latest posts by Ami Pandya (see all)
- Mumbai Matters News – Print And Social Media Partner - April 23, 2015
- Everything you need to know about ‘Fests.info’ our Online Media Partner! - April 23, 2015
- Awesome Study Guide For You To Score Maximum In Production And Material Management - December 1, 2014