Everyone fondly calls him “Mahi” and he is one of the most popular Indian cricketer and currently the Captain of Indian Cricket Team.
Here we present 10 Things You Never Knew About Mahendra Singh Dhoni (M.S. Dhoni):
1) Mahendra Singh Dhoni completed his schooling from DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir in Ranchi. Currently the school is known as JVM.
2) Before moving to Ranchi, Mahendra Singh Dhoni used to stay with his brother, sister and parents in Lvalli (located in Uttarakhand) where his father worked at junior management level in MECON
3) He was fond of badminton and football and got selected at club level and district levels before stepping into cricketing career.
4) In those days, he played as a goalkeeper for his football team and later sent to play cricket in a local club by his football coach.
5) When he was 18 years old, he made his cricketing debut in the Bihar cricket team in Jharkhand.
6) In 2004, he got selected to represent India for a cricket tour to Kenya to solve India’s wicketkeeper-batsman crisis following the failure of Rahul Dravid’s experiment.
7) His career’s biggest accomplishment came in 2011 when he powered India to a remarkable World cup victory with extraordinary leadership skills.
8) He is the first wicket-keeper to have ever led India in Test-matches.
9) He earned name, fame and money in a very short time with his hard work, invaluable contribution, amazing performance and captaincy for his Indian cricket team.
10) He was awarded an honorary doctorate degree by De Montfort University in August 2011.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019