Mercedes-Benz is a German automobile manufacturer. The brand is used for luxury automobiles, buses, coaches, and trucks. The headquarters of Mercedes-Benz is in Stuttgart, Baden-Wittenberg, Germany.
Here are some facts about Mercedes-Benz that you must know:
1. Mercedes-Benz is part of the “German Big 3” luxury automakers, along with Audi and BMW, which are the best-selling luxury automakers in the world.
Here is the image of German Big 3:
Here is the logo of BMW:
Here is the logo of Audi:
Here is the logo of Mercedes-Benz:
2. Mercedes-Benz traces its origins to Karl Benz’s creation of the first petrol-powered car, the Benz Patent Motorwagen.
Here is the image of Karl Benz:
Karl Benz made the 1886 Benz Patent Motorwagen which is widely regarded as the first automobile.
3. Mercedes-Benz had maintained a reputation for its quality and durability. Mercedes-Benz offers a full range of passenger, light commercial and heavy commercial equipment.
4. Until 1994, Mercedes-Benz used an alphanumeric system for categorising their vehicles. For the 1994 model year, Mercedes-Benz revised the naming system. Models were divided into “classes” denoted by an arrangement of up to three letters , followed by a three-digit (or two-digit for AMG models, with the number approximately equal to the displacement in litres multiplied by 10)number.
Here is the image of some of the Mercedes-Benz cars model number:
5. In 2005 Mercedes-Benz Accessories GmbH introduced three new bicycles and the range has developed to include the patent pending Foldingbike in 2007. Other models include the Mercedes-Benz Carbon Bike, Trekking Bike, Fitness Bike and the Trailblazer Bike.
Here is the image of Mercedes-Benz Fitness Bike 2013:
Here is the image of Mercedes-Benz carbon fiber bicycle:
Here is the image of Mercedes-Benz Trekking Bike:
Here is the image of Mercedes-Benz Trailblazer Bike:
6. In its 2015 CES keynote Head of Mercedes-Benz Dr. Dieter Zetsche unveiled its latest “autonomous” vehicle, the F 015 Luxury in Motion “visionary concept” car.
Here is the image of the Head of Mercedes-Benz Dr. Dieter Zetsche:
7. With the F 015, Mercedes-Benz likens the self-driving car to the evolution of the horse carriage, where interior seats can swivel to face each other for optionally social purposes as the car transports the party to their intended destination.
8. According to Mercedes-Benz, the passengers can also interact using gestures and touch screens inside the vehicle. Windows can be used as screens, too.Passengers have control over where they’d like to go and any one of the riders can take over driving manually if needed.
9. The F 015 sports a sleek, silver carbon fiber body that looks extremely fluid, with changing LED light colors to indicate self-driving versus manual modes. These front LEDs can also project a light path for pedestrians to let them know it’s safe to cross in front of the vehicle.
10. Other than lights, the F 015 also has a bevy of sensors and radars to detect nearby motion.Touchscreens are not only built-in to the dash of the car, they’re also embedded in the door panels, allowing passengers to set window privacy from within the car and other interior settings like music and temperature.
Mercedes-Benz CES 2015 Press Conference:
Latest posts by Soumya Nadar (see all)
- 5 Awesome Facts That You Ought To Know About The ‘Delhi Elections’ - February 7, 2015
- 5 Interesting Facts That You Ought To Know About The Indian Playback Singer ‘Shreya Ghoshal’ - February 7, 2015
- 5 Facts That You Ought to Know About ‘Praveen Togadia’ - February 7, 2015