King Khan-The best example of growth, progress and success. From ground till sky, this is how his life has changed. From a normal guy of a poor family to the “King Of Bollywood”. He is the living example of struggle. We may love him, admire him, but only he knows how much it took to reach the happy place he is at right now. He is the perfect example for the saying “Where there is will, there is a way”.
Here are some unheard things about our Badshaah which people should know.
1) He comes from an extremely poor background. He used to survive on just watery dal and sleep on roads. Moreover his first salary was just Rs.50, which he earned by working as an Usher at Pankaj Udhas’s concert in Delhi.
2) From footpath (his poor conditions), he became the second richest actor in the world in 2014, with a net worth of US $600 million.
3) Khan’s first starring role was in Lekh Tandon’s television series Dil Dariya,which he began shooting for in 1988. Because of its production delays, the 1989 television series “Fauji” became his TV debut.
4) After his TV he has appeared in over 80 Bollywood films in genres including romance, action and comedy.
5) He is one of the most successful actors of Bollywood, where his work earned him numerous accolades, including fourteen Filmfare awards from 30 nominations. For his contributions to film, the government of India honoured him with the Padma Shri,and the government of France has awarded him both, the “Ordre des Arts et des Lettres” and the “Legion d’honneur”.
6) King Khan is a big fan of the colour black, especially when it comes to style and fashion. According to him “It’s easier since no one can tell if I am repeating a garment”.Smart indeed!
7) The actor has a great fetish for numerology. All of his cars have the registered number 555 as he is very superstitious about it. Even his email ids contain the number 555. His personal mobile numbers have the combination of 555 & 40.His wife Gauri and all the senior officials working for him have either or both these numerals as a part of their numbers.
8) Our Badshaah is also known for keeping his social commitments and humanitarian profile. He has a long list of charity and humanitarian works. From funding an individual child to helping a big NGO, he has tried to help people wherever he could.
9) He is also honoured with UNESCO’s “Pyramide con Marvi” award in 2011, for his involvement in philanthropic endeavours related to health care, relief funds and children’s education.
10) Khan has also been documented in several Indian and international nonfictional films. These films are, Nasreen Munni Kabir’s THE INNER AND OUTER WORLD OF SHAH RUKH KHAN, a Danish film LARGER THAN LIFE and the German film SHAH RUKH KHAN-IN LOVE WITH GERMANY.
Words are less to describe his versatility. Working comfortably with actresses from Madhuri’s time to present, such as Illena D’Cruz,Deepika,etc, He has indeed proved himself the KING OF BOLLYWOOD.