LOGISTICS & SCM
SOME IMPORTANT CONCEPT QUESTIONS
- Logistical Mission
- Integrated Logistics
- Operating Objectives of Integrated Logistics
- Logistical Performance Cycles – Procurement, Manufacturing Support, & Physical Distribution.
- Logistics’ Interface with Manufacturing & Marketing
- Supply Chain Participants
- Internal & External Supply Chain
- Bull Whip Effect
- Extended Enterprise
- 7 R Rule of Customer service
- Dependent Demand & Independent Demand
- Demand Forecasting Components
- Transportation Functionality
- Intermodal Transportation
- Pipeline as a Mode of Transport
- Lead Time
- Joint Costs (Back Haul Costs) in Transportation
- Comparison of Private and Contract Carrier
- Functions of a Warehouse
- Need for Warehouse
- Public v/s Private Warehouse Comparison
- Material Handling System: Its Benefits and Costs
- Objectives of Material Handling System
- Selection Criteria for Material Handling System
- Functions of Packaging
- Factors affecting Package Design
- Logistical Perspective of Packaging
- Value Addition due to Packaging: Comment.
- Transit or Pipeline Inventory
- Define EOQ & Explain its Meaning
- What is Re-order Level (ROL)?
- Safety Stock
- Functions of Inventory
- Obsolescence Cost (Replacement Cost)
- Symptoms of Poor Inventory Management
- What is meant by Selective Inventory Control?
- Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI)
- Advantages of JIT (Just-in-Time)
- What is Inventory Valuation?
- What is Information Functionality?
- What is EDI? Give Examples.
- What is LIS (Logistical Information System)?
- Need for Performance Measurement
- Perfect Order Principle
- Activity Based Costing
- Mission Based Costing
- Need for Logistical Cost Analysis
- Milk Run Operations
- RORO & LASH
- What is Containerization?
- Benefits of Double Stack Containers
- What is Cold Chain Logistics?
Latest posts by Nitin Kulkarni (see all)
- Logistics & SCM Sample Question Paper 2013 - November 7, 2013
- Logistics Concept Questions by Prof. Nitin Kulkarni - November 7, 2013
- Logistics Important Questions 2013 by Prof. Nitin Kulkarni - November 7, 2013