LOGISTICS & SCM
SOME IMPORTANT MAIN QUESTIONS
- What is logistical competency? How can a firm achieve logistical competency? Explain with reference to 3 C model and Value Chain.
- Explain the difference between Logistics and Supply chain management.
- What is Reverse Logistics? Explain the working of reverse logistics system along with key application areas for reverse logistics.
- What are the elements of customer service? Explain with reference to – Pre transaction, Transaction and Post transaction elements.
- What are the different quantitative and qualitative demand forecasting techniques?
- Explain what the different modes of transportation are. Explain advantages and disadvantages of any two modes of transport.
- What are the various factors (product related and market related) which affect transportation costs and pricing?
- Compare different types of warehouses. Explain advantages and limitations of Public and Private warehouses.
- Explain the functions of a warehouse. What additional functions (other than basic functions) can be performed in a warehouse?
- What are the guiding principles for selection of material handling system?
- What is mechanized material handling system? What different types of equipments are included in it and what are the advantages of using a mechanized material handling system?
- What is the difference between logistical packaging and retail (marketing) packaging? What are the main functions of packaging?
- What is EOQ (Economic Order Quantity)? Explain the concept of EOQ with a neat diagram. Also explain different costs associated with EOQ and state EOQ formula.
- What is meant by selective inventory control? Why ABC is considered to be ‘Always Better Control’?
- What is ABC analysis? What different steps are taken to perform ABC analysis?
- What is are ‘Q’ and ‘P’ systems of inventory control? Explain in detail with neat diagrams. Also explain when to apply Q system and when P system is more suitable.
- What is LIS (Logistical Information System)? What is meant by internal information system and external information system? What new technologies help in maintaining the information systems?
- What is the necessity of performing a separate cost analysis from logistical point of view? Explain Activity Based Costing and Mission Based Costing methods.
- Explain what is Logistical Performance Measurement with reference to Internal & External Performance measures.
- Explain what is meant by Logistical network analysis. What is its importance?
- Explain the following distribution strategies –
a. Milk run, b. Hub and spokes model, c. Direct shipment.
Latest posts by Nitin Kulkarni (see all)
- Logistics & SCM Sample Question Paper 2013 - November 7, 2013
- Logistics Concept Questions by Prof. Nitin Kulkarni - November 7, 2013
- Logistics Important Questions 2013 by Prof. Nitin Kulkarni - November 7, 2013