Characteristics of Delegation:
Delegation has following Characteristics:
1) Delegation takes place when a manager grants some of his powers to subordinates.
2) Delegation occurs only when the person delegating the authority himself as that authority i.e. a manager must possess what he wants to delegate.
3) Only a part of authority is delegated to subordinates.
4) A manager delegating authority can reduce, enhance or take it back. He exercises full control over the activities of the subordinates even after delegation.
5) It is only the authority which is delegated and not the responsibility. A manager cannot abdicate responsibility by delegating authority to subordinates.