Introduction to Strategic Management
- Definition and concepts
- Company / Business / Management levels
- Nature, importance and benefits of strategic management
- Strategic management models and guidelines for effective strategic management
- Overview of strategic management process.
- Setting objectives- vision, mission, goals
- Analysing internal and external environment – SWOT
- Strategy making
- Entrepreneurial model
- Adaptive model
- Planning model
- Types of strategies – Analysing and choosing the right strategy
Implementation of strategy to functional areas: Production, Operations, Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Others – R & D, Innovation, Quality enhancement etc.
- General Characteristics of an effective evaluation system.
- Contingency planning and auditing.
The list of reference books of Strategic Management is as follows:
- Strategic Management- Concepts and Cases – Fred R. David
- Concepts in Strategic Management and Business Policy – Thomas L.Wheeen, J. David Hunger, Krish Rangarajan
- Strategic Management – Andrews
- Strategic Management – Concepts and Cases – Guillick
- Strategic Management – Philip Sadler
- Strategic Management: Theory and Practice – Parnell John A
- Game Theory: A Non-technical Introduction to the Analysis of Strategy – McCain Roger A.
- Leading Strategic Change: Breaking through the Brain Barrier – Black J Stewart, Gregersen Hall B
- Strategy Specific Decision Making: A Guide for Executive Competitive Strategy – Forgang William G.
- Business Policy and Strategic Management: Concepts and Application – Gupta, Vipin, Gollakota, Kamala Srinivasan R.
- Global Strategic Management – Mellahi Kamel Frynas, Jedrzej G., Finlay Paul
- 6 Proven Strategies for building High Performance organizations Winning Management – Rinkie Wofl J.
- Strategic Management – Namakumari, Ramaswamy