Treasury bill are the instruments of short-term borrowing by the central government or by a state government. They are promissory notes issued at a discount for a fixed period.
Objectives of Issuing Treasury Bills:
- To raise funds for the government for meeting its expenditure thermals
- To provide outlet for investment of temporary surplus funds by investors.
Other Features of Treasury Bill:
- They are highly liquid
- They are safe investments
- They give attractive yield
- They are approved assets for SLR purposes in the case of bank.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019