- The technical assistance for Windows XP i.e. support and updates are no longer available from 8th April 2014. Microsoft has said a goodbye to the 12 year old Windows XP.
- Microsoft has stopped providing Microsoft Security Essentials i.e. automatic updates that help protect your PC/Laptop and if you continue to use Windows XP now, your computer will still work but it will become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses.
- If you also use Internet Explorer 8 in your PC, you might be exposing your PC to additional threats as Internet Explorer 8 is no longer supported.
- Now, to stay protected, you have 2 options i.e. Upgrade your current PC with the latest version of Windows 8.1 or if your current PC cannot run Windows 8.1, then get a new PC/Laptop where you can move you can install a new version. You can move all your Windows XP stuff with Laplink, a free data migration solution that will get all your files, user profiles from Windows XP PC to your new Windows Laptop/desktop/tablet.
- You can check what you would get in Windows 8.1 at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/meet.
Wanna know if your computer/laptop is running Windows XP, check this site – http://amirunningxp.com/
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019