Edward Morgan Forster OM, CH was an English novelist, short story writer, essayist and librettist. He is known best for his ironic and well-plotted novels examining class difference and hypocrisy in early 20th-century British society.
Quotes of E.M. Foster :
1. We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
2. I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars.
3. If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country.
4. What is wonderful about great literature is that it transforms the man who reads it towards the condition of the man who wrote.
5. The four characteristics of humanism are curiosity, a free mind, belief in good taste, and belief in the human race.
6. Tolerance is a very dull virtue. It is boring. Unlike love, it has always had a bad press. It is negative. It merely means putting up with people, being able to stand things.
7. Only people who have been allowed to practise freedom can have the grown-up look in their eyes.
8. A poem is true if it hangs together. Information points to something else. A poem points to nothing but itself.
9. There lies at the back of every creed something terrible and hard for which the worshipper may one day be required to suffer.
10. Two cheers for Democracy; one because it admits variety, and two because it permits criticism.
BY SHWETA TIWARI
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019