The syllabus of SYBMS Environmental Management & Economics Sem 3 – Financial Management is given below:
- Meaning and scope of Financial Management
- Functions and Objectives of Financial Management
- Changing role of Finance Managers
- Working Capital Management
- Definition – GWC & NWC – explain core assets and non core assets
- Components of working capital
- Factors determining working capital.
- Meaning and Importance
- Credit Policy variables
- Case study on credit evaluation
- Methods of credit evaluation – traditional and numerical credit scoring
- Monitoring the debtors – techniques: DSO, Ageing schedule, Collection matrix
- Motives of holding cash,
- Strategies of cash management,
- Cash Budget: meaning and objectives,
- Budgeting of receipts and payments – trading, non-trading and capital,
- Preparation of monthly budget and finding out closing cash balance (excl. financial statements to be made from the working capital estimation)
Cost of Capital and Capital Structures:
- Types of capital,
- Retained earnings,
- Cost of capital for each type of capital,
- Weighted cost of capital,
- Marginal cost of capital w.r.t. Expansion
- Designing capital structure alternatives
- Types of Leverages – Combined, Operating, Financial.
- Types of capital,
- Sources of capital,
- Evaluation of capital expenditure proposal from given cash flow,
- Concept of present value,
- Techniques of appraisal of investment proposal,
- Payback period method,
- Average rate of return method,
- Net present value method,
- Profitability index method.
- Financial implication,
Types of business restructuring:
- Other restructurings – elementary accounting problems –testing fundamental knowledge only
Long term and short term sources of finance;
- Traditional and modern instruments of finance including securitizations.
The list of reference books of Financial Management is as follows:
- Financial management – Chandra Prasana
- Financial Management – Khan M. and Jain
- Financial Management and Policy – James, C.
- Financial Management – Pandey, I.M.
- Fundamentals of Financial Management – Horne J, Walchowicz J.
- Investment Management – Bhalla V
- Financial Management – Diwan P.
- Financial Management – Bhalla V.K.
- Financial Management- Kapur S.
- Financial Management Handbook – Alexander Hamilton
- Techniques of Financial Management – Helfert.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019