Q6 to 15: Fill in the blanks of the following sentences using the most appropriate word or words from among the options given for each.
6. Football evokes a ___________ response in India compared to cricket, that almost ___________ the nation.
(a) tepid, boiling.
(b) lukewarm, electrifies.
(c) turbid, fascinating.
(d) apocryphal, genuinely fascinates.
7. Social studies, science matters of health and safety, the very atmosphere of the classroom–these areas are few of the ___________ for the ___________ of proper emotional reactions.
(a) things, growth.
(b) fertile areas, basis.
(c) fertile fields, inculcation.
(d) important areas, formation.
8. When children become more experienced with words as visual symbols, they find that they can gain meaning without making ___________ sounds.
9. Learning is more efficient when it is ___________ It is less efficient when it is ___________
(a) fast, slow.
(b) rapid, turtle-slow.
(c) tedious, like a joy ride.
(d) fun, drudgery.
10. To a greater or lesser degree all the civilized countries of the world are made up of a small class of rulers ___________ and of a large class of subjects ___________
(a) formed by a small minority, who are uncivilized.
(b) powerfully corrupt, pointless crusaders.
(c) corrupted by too much power, corrupted by too much passive obedience.
(d) who are ruled, who ruled.
6. ‘Lukewarm’ fits in the first blank, and in the second we need a verb, so ‘electrifies’ is the best suited of all the given choices.
7. Social studies, science matters of health and safety and the atmosphere of the classroom, help in growth or inculcation of proper emotional responses, hence can be referred to as the ‘fertile fields’.
8. ‘Audilble’ sounds as opposed to ‘visual’ symbols, fits here.
9. Learning is always more efficient when it is fun and less efficient when it is a drudgery.
10. The rulers get too much power while those who are ruled show passive obedience.
Latest posts by Credence Academy (see all)
- CAT 2015 analysis and review - November 30, 2015
- CET 2014 Cut-off Prediction for Mumbai University students! - April 18, 2014
- MBA Questions of the day (23 Oct’13) - October 23, 2013