An Interview with Prof. Neha Gada, BMS Co-ordinator, Maniben Nanavati Women’s College
- Tell us something about yourself and your college.
I am B.M.S Coordinator/lecturer, done M.com specialization in A/C and Tax, S.E.T, Found. I.C.W.A.I.
Our College is affiliated to S.N.D.T Women’s University and has B.M.S past 5 years.
- When did you join this profession? What inspired you to choose this line?
I joined this institution in June 2009 and since then I am working here.
As for inspiration, Since childhood I had an immense passion of Teaching.
- As a Coordinator, do you also teach any subjects? If yes, which subjects you teach?
Yes, Finance that’s accountancy and Taxation, Portfolio Mgmt, Marketing Specialization and Economics etc…
- How are the roles and responsibilities of a Coordinator different from that of a faculty? Do you like being a Faculty or a Coordinator? Which helps you to connect more with students?
Yes, it requires lot of documentation, reporting work, and conduction/organization of seminars and workshops.
I like being Faculty as it gives me pleasure, but at the same time coordinator-ship trains me in pursuing leadership skills, both of them keep me in touch with students their parents and even other stakeholders. A teacher’s world is surrounded by students and only students.
- Who in your life has influenced the most?
My parents and my teachers.
- Tell us something about your college fests/events and extra-curricular activities? Do you believe that it should be made compulsory for students to manage both studies and be a part of college fests/events?
We have Maitrai as our college fest, and yes it is necessary for students overall development, they can refine their talent along with studies and more it’s like refreshing them from studies.
- Tell us something about your college students’ performances? Does your college provide any placement assistance to BMS students?
Our college has produced 7 university rankers for a batch of just 25 girls, with consistent 100 % result over past 2 years. We do have placement cell and a placement portal too.
- What are your future plans for the college?
To deliver my best and add on many value-based activities for students and department.
- What are the prospects after BMS?
Market is open for job, higher studies for courses like M.B.A, M.M.S., and many other P.G.diploma courses, Part time M.B.As and much more.
- What message would you like to give to BMS students?
- Your suggestions/feedback for BMS.co.in?
Thanks for noticing our contribution to the society.