An Interview with Prof. Amit Kulkarni, BMS Faculty, SantRawool Maharaj College, Kudal
- Tell us something about yourself
I, Amit Kulkarni from Mangaon, am very energetic and ambitious person, like to help needy people and have a Friendly attitude.
I had completed my B.Com from Shivaji University,Kolhapur, MBA (Finance,HRM) from Bharati Vidyapeeth University,Pune, M.Com from Shivaji University,Kolhapur, Diploma in Labour Law (DLL) from Bharati Vidyapeeth University Pune, and GDC&A. Joined teaching profession in 2010 as I got inspiration from my father Mr. Katre who was in the same profession. Aspire to become a very popular professor, Writer of Finance books & Director of a PG College.
- Tell us something about your college
Sant Rawool Maharaj College,Kudal is a very popular college in Sindhudurg with the Arts, Science,Commerce,Computer Science,IT & BMS faculties with excellent surroundings & nice atmosphere. All the Professors of our colleges are very energetic, helpful & experienced. The experienced Professors are very helpful for new Professors. Our college has got Best College Award of Mumbai University in 2009-2010. We are organizing many programmes for increasing Research capabilities & Competitiveness. We also provide Cultural & Sport facilities to encourage in-built skills. We have a very nice library with a lot of different books .We also participated in “Avishkar” & many competitions conducted by Mumbai University.
Our college has a very co-operative and sporty environment for Students.
- Which subjects do you teach? What do you love most?
I teach many subjects like Financial management, HRM, Management accounting, International Finance, Portfolio Management, Economics, Public Relation Management etc.
I like to teach International Finance, Economics, Security Analysis, Accounts & Economics subjects most.
- What is your teaching philosophy?
I use different types of teaching methods like Use of Presentations & practical examples. Stress is on improving the student’s confidence level and hence, I engage them in many activities.
- Do you believe in teaching should be full of ideas rather than stuffed with facts?
Exactly, I agree that the teaching must be with full of ideas. There must be a combination of Ideas & facts.
- Can a student from Arts/science background also do BMS?
Why not…Sure, the Art or science students can do their BMS & in many colleges they did it with good marks & ranks.
- As a BMS faculty, what kind of projects do you expect BMS students to work upon?
I am not using the topics which are commonly done by students. I have seen that majority of students are normally interested in copy-paste projects as they want to achieve goals by adopting shortcuts. They don’t learn anything from this.
- Do you think a BMS Student should participate in College fests and Industrial Visits? Why?
Obliviously Yes. They should participate in College fest & Industrial visits because they need to be active & possess an all-rounder personality because after BMS they need to work in corporate or do an MBA.
- People say BMS is 70 % of first year MBA. After BMS, is work experience important for MBA?
I don’t think that there is need for any work experience to do an MBA. But if work experience is there then it is good but anyways syllabus of BMS is 70% of First Year MBA.
- There is a shortage of eminent professors at bachelors’ level management. With more and more institutes joining the professional courses bandwagon, do you think BMS will become yet another B.com?
No, it will not be like B.com. BMS is a very good professional course.
- Today, we often come across students committing suicide out of failure, depression or tension of exams. What do you have to say about this?
The students need to manage stress in all the situations in changing lifestyles.
- A famous quote says “A good teacher is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others”. What would you like to say on this?
I think it’s true because the teacher actually take efforts not only in college hours but also after college hours to guide students. He/she is always helpful for the students.
- What suggestions would you like to give to Mumbai University for amendments in the BMS course?
The university needs to update the syllabus & need to give more stress on Practical Education.
- What message would you like to give to the BMS students?
Work hard, Do your Studies regularly, Do your each & every work devotionally, always be positive & implement positivism in you. Don’t study for results & marks, Study for growth & utilize your knowledge & always be Polite in life.
- Your Feedback for BMS.co.in?
It’s very nice website which gives a lot of knowledge & updated information to BMS students.
It co-ordinates between Students, faculty, co-ordinators etc. It also provides detailed information about syllabus, previous question papers, about career & different types of alerts etc. So as per my thinking it’s a very nice website which provides detailed information about BMS. I am very thankful on behalf of the faculties for making this website.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019