INDIAN MANAGEMENT THOUGHT AND PRACTICES
Unit I : Indian Ethos
- Multiplicity and variety – yet has commonness
- Focus on the ultimate Principles or Intelligence to whom (or which) man seeks recourse.
Unit II : Personality
- Personality development through yoga – the three paths/marga – Bhakti, Karma and Jnana The three gunas – sattva, rajas, tamas.
- Individual – a being with infinite capabilities and potentials – is a result of your own actions Koshas: the concept of man
- Meditation – the technique for development of self
- Leadership: qualities of leaders with special reference to Indian thoughts. Motivation – Indian approach vis-à-vis American and Japanese approaches.
Unit III : Society and Social Groups:
- Society – combination of individuals of diversity – values that reflect on social practices and customs – impact on individual and collective behaviors – uses coercion to enforce compliance – societal values.
- Significance of festivals – harmony with nature. Indian concept of learning – gurukul system of learning.
Unit IV : Spirituality:
- The core teachings of all founders of religions.
- Spirituality vis-à-vis religion
- Concept of Maya (Illusion) – Advaita Vedanta
- Meaning, scope and implications at wor
- Concept of Dharma: varna ashram dharma, svadharma
- Concept of karma – meaning and importance to managers, corporate karma. Concept of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam
Recommended books :
- Management by Values, S.K. Chakraborthy, Oxford Press
- Management Theory, Rao M. & Rao S., Kanishka Publishers Distributor
- Indian Ethos in Management, P.K. Ghosh, –
- Ethics, Indian Ethos and Management, S. Balachandran and others, Shroff Publishers and Distributors Pvt. Ltd.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019