Google has celebrated the 40th birthday of Rubik’s Cube by allowing people to solve the puzzle online with the help of a animated Google doodle. Here are 9 Amazing facts to know about Rubik’s Cube Invention:
1) Erno Rubik, a Hungarian sculptor and professor of architecture wanted to explain 3-dimensional geometry with the help of a working model.
2) He invited the Rubik’s Cube in 1974.
3) He took a month’s time to solve the cube for himself.
4) Rubik’s Cube is one of the bestselling toy of all time and over 350 million Rubik’s cubes have been sold worldwide as of 2009.
5) Rubik’s Cube was first known as “Magic Cube” but in 1980, the name was changed to Rubik’s Cube for its global release.
6) In Speed cubing, the sport where people take part to solve the cube as quickly as possible, Rubik’s Cube can be solved in less than 6 seconds.
7) It takes atleast 20 moves to solve every legal permutation of the Rubik’s Cube.
8) The cube’s 6 faces are made up of 9 stickered squares each, with each row and column being independently manipulable around a central pivot.
9) The aim of the Rubik Cube’s puzzle is to return the cube to its original configuration.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019