Having a green environment is necessary for the survival of Earth! People only care about their backyard and clean it every day, while making the place beyond it unattended for months. This mentality of even one person is contagious and will result in cultivation of the same in others. Let’s take a step which doesn’t need much of our efforts and try our best to at least turn a small corner green.
- Turn off lights: This is the most basic thing you can do! All you have to do is turn the lights off when not in need. Even a small kid when taught, would turn off unnecessary lights and fans. This small effort by every person can save us from generating electricity that’s 20% more than actually needed and would even cut down your electricity bill.
- Turn off water: Why waste water when it’s not needed? I am so sure that everyone hates it when suddenly because of some reason you stop getting water, be it for even 15 mins. Imagine, because of wasting water right now, your next generation might have to survive without it.
- No Paper towels: Paper towels suffocate your environment a lot. We can just replace them with beautiful hand towels which are better, re-usable, and economical.
- No tissues: Saying a no to tissue papers is a very smart idea. Just replace these tree killer tissues with cloth napkins. Cloth napkins are bigger, absorb more liquid and clean your hands better than tissues!
- Bring your own bags: Bringing your own bag is such a great idea! You can bring your favorite bag, which is just the size you need for shopping, not too big and not too small. Why pay for a carry bag which is weak and can ditch you while you are carrying stuff in it and is not even fancy? Be selfish and get your own stylish bag the next time you go shopping ;)!
Be a superhero and save Earth by doing your bit!
– Saloni Tolia
Latest posts by BMS (see all)
- Can a SYBMS student change specialisation in TYBMS? - June 15, 2016
- Board Papers Not Leaked says Mumbai University. No Re-exam 🙂 - April 25, 2016
- How To Contribute And Write Articles on BMS.co.in ? - March 4, 2016