An Interview with Tejas Kalyan Chavan, TYBMS Sem 5 Topper, V.E.S. College of Arts, Science and Commerce
- Tell us about yourself.
I am Ms. Tejas, studying in TYBMS and a consistent ranker of our college. Apart from studies, my hobbies are drawing, painting. My short-term goal is to learn new concepts of management and long-term goal is to become a H.R. Manager.
- Were you expecting to top in the exams? To whom would you credit your success?
I was expecting to come second or third. But never knew that I would top in my college. I would like to give credit of my success to my parents, college teachers, Coordinator who guided me on every aspect of subjects starting from selection of project upto how to write university exams.
- Did you prepare religiously from day One or A few weeks before the exams?
In our college fortunately we have only two lectures. Therefore it became easy to revise me two subjects on that day itself. Whatever taught in college that day only I used to revised once and One day before exam I used to have glance over it.
- How did you allot time to different subjects?
I had not followed any kind of time table. But regularly I used to solve numerical problems. It was like fun for me.
- Can you share some insights on how to crack the subjects before exams?
We need to study one practical & one theory subject in a day. Financial management & Human resource management are quite easy subject to study. In concept questions we need to show examiner that how much we understood from particular concept. In concept questions no need to write same as it is given in books but we can also add our practical experiences relating to that concept.
In case of long answer we should follow a particular format of writing answer e.g Introduction, Meaning, Definitions, Main answer, Examples & Conclusion.
Case study is an important part of our paper. Even in case study we need to follow format i.e Introduction, Facts, Problems, Solution & Conclusion.
Financial Management & Special studies in Finance-Regularly practice solving of FM numerical questions in order to improve speed of solving sums.
HRM-Make sure that your concepts are clear in order write it in our own words
Logistics-this is one of the technical subject, we need to study in detail. Some of the terms we need to write as it is.
Service Sector management-In this subject we need to understand how services are different from goods & how to market it & achieve customer satisfaction. Practice maximum case studies of each & every service sector
Business ethics & CSR-This is interesting subject. In this subject also we need to study concepts in detail. In case of CSR, at the end we should study top companies CSR activities. It is useful in writing CSR answers & case studies.
- Do you think BMS student require coaching classes or is self-study enough? Had you joined any coaching class for a particular subject?
There is no requirement of joining class. As this is third year I have joined class only for practical subjects.
- Did you participate in college fests or extra-curricular activities? Do you think a BMS student can manage both studies and extra activities?
Yes definitely, I can say BMS student must participate in fests. Because as a management student we should manage or organize events, programmes. From the past 3 yrs consistently I am getting prizes in Poster making, Painting in college annual fest called “Talentia”. Even I got prizes in intercollegiate & university level.
- Did you pursue any additional courses/ internships alongside BMS?
In first year summer vacation I had completed my “Capital market course” with 84%, organized by Bombay Stock Exchange in our college.
In second year summer season, I did my summer internship in “Ultratech Cement”, Aditya Birla group under the guidance of WCM facilitator.
I have also completed “Effective public speaking course” organized by VESLARC.
- Today, we often come across students committing suicide out of failure, depression or tension of exams. What do you have to say about this? Did you use any special techniques for stress management?
I personally believe on “not only success but failure is also a journey, not a destination & fortunately our university has offered re-exams/ATKT exams for students not for all subjects but for subjects in which student has got KT. University has made easy for students to study only KT subjects & pass On to the next year.
I don’t use any kind of stress management technique but whenever I feel my mind is disturbed prefer to sleep & not to study.
- Do you think BMS students are flooded with assignments, projects and internal exams round the clock? What changes would you like to bring in the BMS Curriculum?
We need to have proper structure of internals, some teacher prefer to give presentations, some take test, some gives assignments or even some teacher takes all these. Therefore there should be a proper allocation of 40 marks internals.
- What message would you like to give to the next batch of BMS students?
BMS is the course which covers all aspects of management i.e. Finance, HR, Marketing, Logistics. BMS teaches us more practicality rather than theory. So student should have practical approach towards study as they are going to become future managers.
- What are the future plans post BMS?
Now I am pursuing sixth semester, my career plan is to take one year corporate experience & after that I am planning to do MBA in HR.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019